“Delivering With Dignity”
Helping At Risk Seniors During This Pandemic
As we depart from summer and enter the fall months, Delivering with Dignity has an extensive need for volunteer drivers (aka Food Heroes). It turns out that the need for food among our most vulnerable doesn’t take a break; therefore, neither are we. Delivering with Dignity provides an incredible opportunity for individuals to remain engaged and provide a renewed spirit in the community when it needs it the most.
Here is some info:
Deliveries occur Monday through Friday with shifts starting at 11:00am and ending around 1:30-2:00pm
The entire process is safe – done with social distancing; we provide facial covering and gloves to those who don’t have them
Food Heroes (volunteers) are assigned a pick-up location by our Volunteer Coordinator the night before their volunteer shift
Pick-up locations are one of our partner restaurants – Honey Salt, Graffiti Bao, The Jolt and Valencian Gold
To sign-up, go to: https://volunteer.uwsn.org/need/detail/?need_id=531830
and create a volunteer profile. Once they’ve created a profile they will be able to “respond” (sign-up) for delivery shifts
We are offering $30 gas cards to volunteers who drive three times a week and $50 Amazon or gas cards for volunteers who drive five days a week (thanks to generosity of Caesars Entertainment)
And, more info:
Important Things to Know for Volunteers:
- Restaurant details will be sent the afternoon before your volunteer shift.
- Must NOT be in the “at-risk” group as defined by CDC guidelines for COVID19.
- Must have a valid NV driver’s license.
- Must have current automobile insurance.
- With temperatures still lingering in the summer digits, we want to make sure that food stays safe to eat! Your vehicle must be large enough to fit food bags in the car (not in the trunk or in the bed of a truck). Please also keep your air conditioning running at all times while making deliveries.
Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Any help you can provide in getting the word out is most appreciated! Thank you.️
“NO ACT OF KINDNESS,
NO MATTER HOW SMALL,
IS EVER WASTED”